Sommelier, Architecture Major
A sunny Saturday afternoon February 2018, good company, a bottle of Torres Altos Ibericos Crianza 2014, goat biryani and five years later a sommelier - that summarizes the odyssey of an architecture student into sommellerie.
Nixon hads a dream; to be the first master of wine and master sommelier in my country Kenya, to always learn more and educate more Kenyans on the subject wine and beverage and to open more Kenyans to appreciate wine He is a passionate sommelier currently resident at Movenpick Hotel and Residences Nairobi.
He is experienced in:
- Wine and beverage selection to seasonal menus and guest preferences
- Curating custom private wine and beverage experiences and food pairings.
- Excellent knowledge of wines and spirits. Intermediate knowledge of beers and cider.
- Budgeting, stock management and control
With a background in Architecture, in his 6th year of study, He is currently pursuing WSET 3 in Wines and holds.
- WSET 2 in Wines, Hospitality Competence Center East Africa Pass with Distinction, Issued March 2022
- Certificate for World of Wine: From Grape to Glass, edX/ University of Adelaide Issued February 2022
- Wine Tasting: Sensory Techniques for Wine Analysis, Coursera/ UC Davis
He enjoys art more specifically sculptures, impressionism, expressionism and hyperrealism.